We are seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (HVAC) to join our growing team in New York, NY. Our team is looking for a candidate with significant mechanical design experience, specifically with HVAC projects. This candidate should also have the desire to expand our services, help grow our team and to manage and develop our young mechanical engineers. Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation, to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it’s everything you’ll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer focusing primarily on corporate interior projects, you will be responsible for representing the Firm in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members. You will be responsible for designing large projects, preparing reports and specifications, and providing a very high level of technical leadership.
- Providing consulting services, including preparation of due diligence reports, gap analyses, and feasibility reports
- Overseeing the production of drawings consistent with client requirements and standards
- Conducting due diligence reports that comply with group and company standards and procedures
- Establishing design standards, specifications, and criteria for projects
- Preparation of proposals and administering project contracts between SHG and the client, including Add Service Agreements
- Conducting business development activities, participating in various trade organizations, and preparing presentations
- Establishing project budgets and schedules
- Participating in QA/QC process of completed work by staff
- Performing staff resource management and review
Project Manager Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the function of projects. Take ownership of the client’s and the firm’s project goals in terms of project contract management, understanding and managing client expectations, tight project schedule control, controlling and optimizing project financials including billing and collections, and ensuring optimal project information flow (internally and externally).
- Work closely with trade specific project engineers to ensure all the items above are delivered in a coordinated product. Develop staff skills along the lines of project management.
HVAC design experience and Project Management is a requirement. The capability to fully design mechanical systems for other building types such as Healthcare, Commercial, and Mission Critical projects would be a major plus and good fit for this dynamic role.
Additional requirements for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a consulting firm
- Candidate should possess a strong ability to coordinate between MEP and Low Voltage trades, as well as discuss technical aspects of other trades at a high level
- Latest version of AutoCAD and REVIT experience
As an employee with Syska Hennessy Group, you will be part of a global firm with an amazing history! We are committed to being the best, to advancing engineering design practice, and to supporting our clients with integrity. To make all of that happen, we rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm, and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here. As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Roth 401(k) Option
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs, including flu shots and biometric screenings
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional development incentive bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)
- Transit/parking program
- Monthly business phone stipend
- Flexible summer work schedules
- Much More!
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position please submit your pdf resume, along with name, email address, phone number & LinkedIn profile url (if you have one) via email. Include post # in subject line.