Tyto Life LLC We want to fulfill the promise of the connected home by making a difference in people’s everyday lives. After three years in stealth mode, we’ve built an expert, multi-disciplinary team based in Silicon Valley. We value design, craftsmanship, and simple yet powerful user experiences. Tyto is a learning organization that rewards creativity and courage as we push the boundaries of what’s possible. We know the quest for excellence runs deep in great companies. It is a quality we seek and nurture in our team members. We are creating a supportive, fun environment where people can stretch and do their best work together.
Looking for a Reliability Engineer to join our Hardware Engineering team. Right now we are focused on our first product and developing a great roadmap. You will be involved in developing and executing a comprehensive test plan for our first product that will lay the groundwork for our long-term product roadmap. Also, you will be working closely with the engineering and operations teams coming up with experiments and FA of failed units. The product is in a new space, so there are lots of opportunities for creating new tests and procedures that help set our product apart in the market, including building our own lab with specific test capabilities that complement ours in region test capabilities. If you like working on a variety of technologies, like solving tough problems, are interested in helping build a great team and lab, and are looking for the excitement of working at a startup, then this is the role for you.
- Experience developing reliability specifications
- Experience with executing reliability tests
- Demonstrable Failure analysis experience
- Understanding of various statistical analysis methods applicable to the reliability space.
- Willingness to be hands on running tests and collecting data when needed
- 3 years of experience in a reliability engineering role in an R&D environment
- willingness for international travel ( 2-6 2 Week trips/year )
- Experience developing new test methodologies
- Experience building reliability labs
- Experience directing reliability technicians
- 5+ years of experience in a consumer electronics reliability environment
- Experience managing/directing in Region reliability resources to execute a system test plan
- Experience with Ongoing Reliability Test engineering support
- Experience with evaluating field data and generating new or adjusting existing test plans to recreate or better predict field failure modes
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision with 100% of employee premiums paid
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Well stocked kitchen
- Great Location and a chance to be part of something big!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- directing reliability technicians: 5 years
- Engineering analysis & writing reports: 5 years
- Consumer Electronics: 5 years
- Developing new test technologies: 5 years
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position please submit your pdf resume, along with name, email address, phone number & LinkedIn profile url (if you have one) via email. Include post # in subject line.