Tabitha Health Care Services is conducting a search for a CFO to head up their accounting & finance at their location based in Lincoln, NE. This role will provide leadership within the accounting department while working across business lines to ensure the financial health of the organization moving forward.
Responsibilities for the role of CFO
- Provides strategic financial leadership and decision making on issues affecting Tabitha.
- Develops and directs overall financial strategy and regularly evaluates organization’s fiscal function and performance based on the past, current, and predicted future performance.
- Meets with the Tabitha Executive Team and business unit administrators on a regular basis to ensure understanding and create accountability for key financial metrics. Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to guide accountability and fiscal responsibility.
- Provides financial management and oversight to ensure compliance with appropriate regulations and accepted accounting principles.
- Helps guide appropriate fiscal decision making for business units, and provides expertise and key influence to advise on decision-making.
- In partnership with key members of the Finance/Accounting team, directs preparation of reports, financial analysis, budget proposals, projections, proformas and special financial information as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains credibility with the organization and the Board of Directors as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Establishes systems and procedures to manage and monitor income, disbursements, capital assets, gifts receivables and Foundation assets.
- Directs preparation of comparative analysis depicting historical and projected data to inform Tabitha decision making.
- Optimizes the handling of bank relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Guides budgeting process through education of key financial issues.
- Develops reliable financial projection process and reporting mechanisms that include minimum thresholds to meet operating needs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement regulations and the related cost reports.
- Maintains a close relationship with contracted service providers for auditing and consultation.
- Responsible for overall structure and functions related to the staff of the Finance/Accounting office to meet financial needs of Tabitha.
- Regularly evaluates the Finance/Accounting department to determine the level of service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluates and provides appropriate growth and development opportunities for individuals on the Finance/Accounting teams.
- Ensures accurate and timely preparation of tax returns, reimbursement reports and any other documents required by the Accounting office.
- Be a key stakeholder in all ‘Request for Proposal’ engagements, and advise on any contracts that Tabitha may enter into.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the President/CEO.
Requirements for the role of CFO
- 5-7 Years experience as a CFO within a for-profit healthcare setting.
- Working knowledge of medicare & Medicaid regulations.
- Post-acute experience required.
- Experience with the following; Bond issues and capital leases, Insurance and Risk Management, Medicare and Medicaid cost reporting, Home health and SNF billing systems.
- Strong leadership and ongoing strategic contribution to the success of the organization.
- Adheres to the Tabitha code of conduct at all times.
- CFO within a For profit healthcare setting: 5 years
- Broker partnership: 5 years
- Post-acute: 5 years
- Medicare & Medicaid regulation knowledge: 5 years
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position please submit your pdf resume, along with name, email address, phone number & LinkedIn profile url (if you have one) via email. Include post # in subject line.