Responsible for directing all engineering activities in the plant with major emphasis on optimized throughput, quality, costings and manufacturability. Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization’s established policies and objectives.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the engineering team to maximize productivity and, assembly process efficiency, yield improvement, productivity improvement programs and cost saving programs.
- Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs.
- Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate the exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvements.
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organizational structure, resource plans, and culture to support the business objectives and customer deliverables.
- Spearhead all processes and engineering related activities; initiate innovative ways for continuous improvement
- Lead collaboration efforts across the relevant functional teams to ensure team effectiveness.
- Build a strong core team that is highly motivated, exhibits excellent cohesion and teamwork to accomplishing total customer satisfaction.
- Support requirement or engineering activities such as Risk Management, Configuration management; ISO documentation and other related systems/processes with the aim of ensuring integration and coherence.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Company.
- In-charge of new product start-up and resolve technical issues.
- Approval of Venture Standard Operating Procedure (Manufacturing), internal Engineering Change Notice, Manufacturing Change Request.
- machinery and equipment or fixtures requirement to improve productivity and quality
- Degree in Engineering with at least 3 years of experience in a managerial capacity in a Life Science or Medical manufacturing environment
- Experience in supervising a team of engineers to perform new process evaluation and set-up for manufacturing
- Experience in process capability improvement and cost reduction program
- Strong knowledge in manufacturing assembly process and LEAN manufacturing.
- Experience in leading NPI Project will be advantageous
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage and manage key stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Management within Life Sciences or Medical Device industry: 3 years
- Engineering team management: 3 years
- Lean Manufacturing: 3 years
- Leading NPI projects: 3 years
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position please submit your pdf resume, along with name, email address, phone number & LinkedIn profile url (if you have one) via email. Include post # in subject line.