As the Team Lead for the Technology Solutions Team, you will be responsible for the creation of stable and reliable relational databases, according to our company’s needs. This is to include mentoring team members, understanding all current client implementations, managing input of various data sources, the definition of database architecture, development of database code, construction and maintenance of ETL based processes, the design of database reporting, construction of data flow diagrams and fabrication of documentation manuals. Success is defined by displayed knowledge of database infrastructures, effectiveness, and efficiency of database design, strict adherence to timelines, sound execution of product, develop and adherence to team best practices, documentation thoroughness, and scalability of the product.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead the Technology Solutions team.
- Develop a full understanding of all existing client implementations and be able to support them.
- Create code for database modification, construct and access using stored procedures, triggers, and functions
- Develop ETL processes using the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS)
- Develop both internal and external reports using industry standard tools (Tableau, SSRS, Excel)
- Work with customers, internal and external, to define and document the scope and functional requirements for data and reporting needs
- Work independently on data warehouse task with minimal amount of supervision
- Migrate applications from development to testing then production
- Create, modify, document and enhance data specifications including identifying and mapping data elements from source systems into the dimensional data warehouse – Translate requirements into technical specifications.
- Provide full life-cycle architectural guidance and ensure quality deliverables
- Develops and maintains corporate data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data dictionaries and data element naming standards
- Development of overall project plans and timetables
- Use of deductive reasoning and analytic ability to transform data into information for key decision makers within the organization verifying that consistent information is always delivered
- And all other requirements of role to accomplish goals
- Must have BS in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems/Computer Information Sciences
- In-depth understanding of relational database design and ETL processing
- Requires five plus years in craft
- Maintains a strong knowledge base of new applications, techniques, and skills
- Strong problem-solving and follow-up skills; must be proactive and take initiative
- Professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Computer proficiency including experience using Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Management: 4 years
- Development: 8 years
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position please submit your pdf resume, along with name, email address, phone number & LinkedIn profile url (if you have one) via email. Include post # in subject line.