Holman Insurance is conducting a national search for a Commercial Lines Producer.
The Commercial Lines Producer is an essential, client-facing role that acts as our frontline for new business growth and client retention. The responsibilities listed below center around our strategy to profitably grow our Commercial lines business.
Qualified candidates for this role will be sales and results oriented with an equal focus on providing extraordinary customer care to each and every Holman client.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an active list of prospects through a variety of methods including (but not limited to) networking, cold calls, referral development and inter-company introductions.
- 10 plus years experience within a Commercial Lines Producing/Client Management environment
- Once needs and current insurance situation are established, develop quotes and information for clients that will specifically address their situation. Information should be delivered in a consultative, needs-based approach that will focus on value versus price. Solutions may range from off-the-shelf programs to more sophisticated risk management strategies, depending on the needs and scope of the client.
- Generate new business applications for commercial programs ensuring timely submission to carriers. Attention to detail, adherence to underwriting guidelines and persistent follow-up will be critical for proper issuance of policies.
- Field questions from prospects and customers regarding insurance coverage options, policy provisions, discounts and pricing and other information that might be requested.
- Work closely with management team to help achieve premium and retention targets for all lines of selected business.
- Act as a brand ambassador for the insurance group at all Holman functions and across the Holman organization.
- Become acquainted with, and a robust user of, the Agency Management System as chosen and installed by the business. This will include attending both live and recorded training sessions as well as independent study and 1-1 training in office.
- Interact with other producers and customer service personnel as needed to help the business consistently meet its growth and service objectives. This may involve assisting with new employees from time to time, helping to train others on the business operating system or sharing successful ideas and processes with the rest of the frontline.
- Assist with client service needs that may include policy changes, billing questions, claims inquiries and assistance, or other tasks as requested. Every employee in the insurance business will share responsibility for creating a unique and positive experience for our clients, prospects and business partners during each interaction.
- Individuals must be goal driven, self-motivated and comfortable with individual accountability while also being collaborative and comfortable working in a team environment.
- Dedicated to delivering exceptional customer care to all prospects and clients of the business.
- Experience in retail commercial insurance and risk management is preferred. All candidates should have a proven track record of success in sales and marketing.
- Applicants should be comfortable with setting sales goals and crafting a detailed business plan to help meet those goals.
- Candidates must have an insurance license or be able to sit for and pass state licensing exams for Property and Casualty lines within 90 days of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience in the insurance industry.
- Able to interact comfortably, both over the phone and in person, with prospects, clients, referral sources and business colleagues both in and outside of the Holman group of companies.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Some flexibility in work schedule. This position may require some evening and Saturday hours.
- Holman Insurance Services is the newest division in a successful group of growing companies. Candidates must have a “get it done” attitude and be willing to adapt and change as the business grows.
- Commercial Lines Insurance: 10 years
- Insurance Sales: 10 years
- building and maintaining a Commercial Lines book of business: 10 years
- Property and Casualty License
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position please submit your pdf resume, along with name, email address, phone number & LinkedIn profile url (if you have one) via email. Include post # in subject line.